Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Thumb Hurts


I stabbed it on something sharp in my purse this morning as I was rushing to get out of the house and make my train.

My purse is a bit of a minefield, so I’m not even sure exactly what the offending object was.

My thumb bled a little bit and now it has a dull ache under the nail which is making it quite hard to type, particularly on my blackberry.

So it hurts….literally.

But it also hurts… figuratively.

The constant state at which I (like I am sure many of you) are texting, typing, twittering etc. Is giving me a thumb ache.

It used to be at the end of the day I’d feel my weariness behind my eyes.

Now it’s my aching thumb.

It makes me wonder about these prehensile digits. Will they really begin to grow to enormous sizes like in that book “Even Cowgirls Get the Blues” by Tom Robbins .(Loved the book, never saw the movie).

Will we start do thumb exercises on newborns and toddlers to give them a leg up in the 21st century?

Maybe it’s a sign that I need to ease up on my steady digital diet.

Or maybe it just means I should just be more diligent about cleaning the sharp objects out of my purse.

That’s my point of view. What’s your twist?
Do your thumbs ever hurt?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers